KODI is a popular media player you can use on a huge range of devices and operating systems, including :
macOS, iOS, tvOS
1- What is KODI?
Kodi is a free media player that is designed to look great on your big screen TV but is just as at home on a small screen.
Kodi (formerly XBMC) is a free and open-source media player application developed by the XBMC/Ko di Foundation, a non-profit technology consortium.
is available for multiple operating systems and hardware platforms, featuring a 10-foot user interface for use with televisions and remote controls.
It allows users to play and view most videos, music, podcasts, and other digital media files from local and network storage media and the internet.
2- Kodi Features
Kodi allows you to watch and record live TV all from an easy to use interface. It works with many popular backends including MediaPortal, MythTV, NextPVR, Tvheadend, and many more.
Your music collection has never looked this good! Support for almost every format, playlists, party mixes, and more.
KODI IS Perfect for binge-watching or the occasional catch-up on your favorite show.
Kodi keeps all your tv organized like nothing else.
So much better than a pile of DVDs on a shelf. Kodi brings your movie collection to life with artwork, cast genres, and more.
Kodi isn’t just for passive entertainment media. You can also play games on Ko-di. Pick from a large number of emulators, or even play a stand-alone game. There’s even extensive support for game controllers.
Kodi is the best way to share your photos on the biggest screen in the house with a personal slideshow.
3- Is Kodi legal and safe?
whenever we talk of Ko-di, one of the most asked questions Kodi is legal and safe to use.
the response is yes Kodi is a fully legal software; It’s as legal as your web browser. If you’re calling Kodi illegal as it’s being used to stream pirated content, you should also call browsers illegal as they are used to downloading pirated content and watching them on such websites.
It is established that Kodi itself is a legal media player.
4- How to Install Kodi :
ON Windows And macOS
Installing Kodi on a Windows o MAC device is very easy, just go to the download page on the official website and :
– Click download now
– Choose the Windows or MAC icon and click on it
– Choose the right system for you 62-bit or 32-bit
– Click download
– You can also download it from the Windows Store
– and Follow the instructions to install the software.
For Linux systems, open a terminal window or SSH and type in the commands below, one line at a time:
sudo apt-get install software-properties-commonsudo add-apt-repository ppa:team-xbmc/ppasudo apt-get updatesudo apt-get install Ko-di
To install Kodi for iOS you must have a jailbroken iDevice running iOS 6.0 or higher (8.0 or higher recommended). Just open your favorite package manager and search for Kodi in the BigBoss repository. For more detailed help, check HERE.
the easiest way to install Kodi is directly from the Google Play store or the official Kodi website
Kodi for Android is a full port of the complete Kodi application to Google’s Android operating system. With the Android NDK (Native Development Kit for Android) Kodi runs natively under Android as a Native Activity application. The main goal for the Android port is to have Kodi working on inexpensive Android set-top-boxes. And whole Android smartphones and tablets are not the main target platforms they do have limited support as well.
The success of running Ko-di on an Android device depends on some factors, as there are so many different devices with different capabilities. Check HERE for more help.
ON Raspberry Pi
The easiest way to get Kodi up and running on the RPi is via a Linux distribution specifically made for running Kodi.
Kodi’s official site lists a few options, including the “just enough OS,” LibreELEC.
To install this distro, simply download the LibreELEC USB-SD Creator tool (available on Windows, macOS, or Linux) and choose the correct image for your generation RPi. Then, you select the removable SD card that you plan to use with your RPi as the target.
5- best Ko-di addon
1- Disney Plus
5- The Crew
6- The Oath
8- Seren (Premium Add-On for Real Debrid Users)
9- The Boys
13- Exodus Redux & V8
14- The Magic Dragon
15- Grease Lightning
16- Apocalypse 720
18- Mirror Addon
19- I Am Ego
6- KO-DI IPTV
Version 17 & Up
We will show you how to set up the IPTV using Ko-di Kryopton17
- Launch Kodi app
- in the left menu click on TV
- Click on Add-on browser.
- Select PVR IPTV Simple Client
- Click on Configure
- Select General
- Enter the M3U IPTV subscription URL that you have copied.
- Now you will be able to see the playlist URL entering option. Click on it.
- Enter the URL of the playlist.
- In case if you are having the M3U text located on the computer or network, you need to define a location to the local path.
- Click on the M3U playlist URL.
- Visit the location where the file is stored. Then click on it.
- Click on OK.
- Wait for some time until you get the notifications loaded.
- Now you can come back and it would look similar to this.
Version 16 or a lower version.
- You need to open Ko di.
- Click on System.
- Now you should click on TV.
- Then click on General.
- You need to select Enabled. This will let you know a pop-up that says you don’t have a PVR client enabled.
- Select OK.
- Come down and click on PVR IPTV Simple Client.
- Click on Enable
- Click on Configure
- Add the M3U playlist URL that you have.
- Select OK
- Select OK another time.
- When you come back, you will be able to see TV on the home screen.
- You can click on that and see the list of live TV channels.
There are multiple ways to play Spotify music on Kodi, but here are two of the most common methods:
1. Using the Spotify add-on for Kodi:
– Install the Spotify add-on on Kodi from the official Kodi repository.
– Open the Spotify add-on, and it will prompt you to log in to your Spotify account.
– Once you are logged in, you can browse and play your Spotify music library directly from Kodi.
2. Using a third-party add-on:
– Install a third-party add-on like SpotiMC or Spotify Connect on Kodi.
– Connect to a Spotify Connect device, such as a smartphone or tablet, using the third-party add-on.
– Once connected, you can stream Spotify music on Kodi through the connected device.
Note that both methods may require you to have a Spotify Premium account to access and stream music.
8-kodi dolby vision
To enable Dolby Vision support on Kodi, you will need to make sure that your device and your TV support Dolby Vision and that you are running the latest version of Kodi. Here are the steps to enable Dolby Vision on Kodi:
1. Go to the Kodi Settings menu by clicking on the gear icon in the top left corner of the Kodi home screen.
2. Click on the “Player” option in the left-hand menu.
3. Click on “Videos” in the right-hand menu.
4. Scroll down to the “Processing” section and enable the “Allow hardware acceleration – DXVA2” option.
5. Scroll down to the “Display” section and enable the “Enable Dolby Vision” option.
6. Click on the “Save” button at the bottom of the screen to save your changes.
Once you have enabled Dolby Vision support, you should be able to play Dolby Vision content on Kodi. Note that not all Kodi add-ons and media sources may support Dolby Vision, so you may need to check the specifications of the content you are trying to play to ensure that it is compatible.
9-kodi pvr: How To Stream IPTV on Kodi
Kodi PVR (Personal Video Recorder) is a feature that allows you to use Kodi as a TV receiver and recorder. With PVR, you can watch and record live TV, schedule recordings, and pause, rewind, and fast-forward through live TV shows.
Here’s how to set up PVR on Kodi:
1. Install a PVR add-on: Kodi supports a variety of PVR add-ons that you can install from the official Kodi repository or from third-party repositories. Some popular PVR add-ons include Tvheadend, NextPVR, and MythTV.
2. Configure the PVR add-on: Once you have installed a PVR add-on, you will need to configure it to work with your TV tuner or IPTV service. The configuration process will vary depending on the PVR add-on you are using, but you will usually need to enter your TV tuner or IPTV provider’s settings, such as the channel lineup and program guide information.
3. Enable the PVR client: After you have configured the PVR add-on, you will need to enable the PVR client in Kodi. Go to the Kodi Settings menu, select “PVR & Live TV” and then enable the PVR client you just installed.
4. Scan for channels: Once you have enabled the PVR client, you will need to scan for channels. This will populate the channel list and program guide information in Kodi. The scanning process may take some time, but once it’s complete, you should be able to watch and record live TV in Kodi.
Note that PVR functionality in Kodi requires a compatible TV tuner or IPTV service. Check the specifications of your TV tuner or IPTV service to ensure that it is compatible with the PVR add-on you want to use.